Monday, September 30, 2024

Elements of Design and Teaching Photoshop to beginners.

 At the beginning of Digital Design, I try to get my students into Photoshop while also building a portfolio. So I do the elements unit. I created 4 easy elements designs while also teaching basic techniques essential in PhotoShop and then we ended with an illustrator lesson. 


Here is my PowerPoint that I slowly go through before each new Element:

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFs1QSn0rw/RM_DqW8WxmEmHEymd7DaMA/view?utm_content=DAFs1QSn0rw&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=editor


We created each of these over a few weeks, we did not critique them individually, but instead once everything was finished we used these projects to act as the building blocks for their portfolio website. (Spoilers we using blogging websites to let them document their work and progress)


I hope you enjoy our lessons.

Photoshop tutorial for Color:

Student Example: 








Pixlr Tutorial For Shape and Space: It is not in Photoshop but the concept is the same. Also, I do like to diversify the program students are getting everyone in a while, so they have other alternatives if they are sick or we have to distance learning. 


Student examples:







Illustrator tutorial for Form:


Student Examples:





Photoshop Tutorial for Line:


Student examples for line:








The student did a great job and I was super impressed with the results of their very first project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment